Wine on Solaris?

Rob D rddone at att.net
Mon Oct 31 21:22:27 CST 2005

Solaris is like the red-headed step child of the Wine world. There are
several parts that dont build correctly on Solaris 8,9, or 10. Im pretty
sure Solaris 11 is the same.

Fortunately, Robert Lunnon has a website http://www.blastwave.org/wine/,
that has several fixes for building Wine on Solaris 9 and 10. While you may
not be able to use the patchkit for 10 directly, you may be able to use
parts of it to deduce what needs to change to get it to compile. Thats what
I had to do for 8. It worked fine for 9.

The Wine for 10, (on the companion CD) worked fine for me on 10, with the
exception of the RTLD_FIRST issue, but running the binary on 11 may present
problems.