Web Server Back Online

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Thu Sep 1 09:05:15 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 12:18 +0300, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> * On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Jeremy Newman wrote:
> > * On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 19:24 +0300, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

> > The only way to work around that is for pipermail to use a cgi program
> > which would send the correct mime type when you download a file.
>
> What programming language would be appropriate here?
> And how much lines approximately would such program take?

If you are serious about taking on this issue. The best place to go is
to check out the mailman CVS at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/

Mailman (and Pipermail) are written in Python. I have no idea how many
lines this would take, but it shouldn't be all that hard.

Please note, as policy I only use binary packages in the Debian stable
tree. So even if your patch gets approved I won't see it until the next
Debian goes stable. That would be 'etch' BTW.