Wine test results problem

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 17:35:33 CDT 2005

Hi Katerina,

> I execute Wine tests on clean Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 SP1 EE.
>
> Why the number of tests executed and number of failures are so
> different for the identical test groups?

There are bugs in the tests, unfortunately.  For example, these failures:

> -tests/shellpath.c: 10 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
> +tests/shellpath.c: 10 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 4 failures.

There's a bug in that test, it succeeds the first time run on Windows, but
fails subsequently because it attempts to delete a non-empty directory.
(That's my fault, I wrote that test.)

> How should I fix this to obtain stable results?

Report the failing tests here.  It would help if you could report the
actual failures, not just the number of failures.  Then keep bugging us
till someone fixes them (or, submit patches that fix the tests ;) )

Cheers,
--Juan