http://cvs.winehq.org/patch.py?id=19897 (shlfolder.c test)

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Sep 5 01:57:29 CDT 2005

* On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Paul Vriens wrote:
> * On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 16:17 +0300, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > 	SHELL32.dll.ILFindLastID is exported by an ordinal on an older platforms.
> >      /* This test shows that Windows doesn't allocate a new pidlLast, but returns a pointer into
> >       * pidlTestFile (In accordance with MSDN). */
> > -    todo_wine{ok (ILFindLastID(pidlTestFile) == pidlLast,
> > +    todo_wine{ok (pILFindLastID(pidlTestFile) == pidlLast,
> >                                  "SHBindToParent doesn't return the last id of the pidl param!\n");}
>
> Shouldn't we (for consistency sake) surround the call to pILFindLastID
> with a:
>
> if (pILFindLastID)

It isn't a primary goal, AFAIK. :-P

The code is being tested on windows almost every single day and per-patch
basis on Wine.  Its inconsistency would show up very quickly.  There are
quite a few places in winetest code, where I would insert additional
testing, but in real life they come superfluous, IMHO.

If I am wrong, devs HQ will correct me.