Suggestions for improvement of the emulator

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Sep 5 05:27:07 CDT 2005

Alex Tanner wrote:
> I can't understand why the members of the Wine project
> are always complaining about lack of manpower.
> The lack of manpower is probably due to there being
> different flavours of Wine developed by different
> companies.
[...]

I think you overestimate the real number of Wine forks out there.
At CodeWeavers we contribute back all our Wine patches with very few
exceptions. See the wine-patches mailing list and look for patches from
'@codeweavers.com' to see what I mean. So really all our work directly
benefits Wine and reciprocally we do weekly imports of the Wine tree so
that we do not duplicate the work done by the Wine community. So it's
very synergistic there.

And I am sure that all other Wine contractors and companies but one also
work on the standard WineHQ sources and make sure their patches get
promptly integrated into the main tree. Besides, Wine being LGPL, there
is a garantee that the source for any forked tree will be available so
we can pick patches and merge them with the main tree.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com