Delphi edit control created in Unicode instead of ANSI mode

Frank Richter frank.richter at
Mon Sep 5 08:01:27 CDT 2005

On 05.09.2005 14:49, Michael Kaufmann wrote:
> I've found another problem: Reading the window proc address with
> GetWindowLong won't work for subclassed windows. We need to pass the
> window proc as a parameter to UnmapMsg32ATo32W (and probably also to
> other mapping functions).
> Maybe it's even better to use CallWindowProcW instead of SendMessageW.

Note that UnmapMsg32ATo32W() is also used for certain interprocess
messages - there, a window function for the receiver window is (I think)
not readily available. SendMessageW() would also take care of the IP
message stuff...