Need ideas about ntoskrnl

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Sep 6 08:34:44 CDT 2005

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Peter Beutner <p.beutner at> writes:
>> Any reasons given?
> Stability is the obvious reason. And also of course the fact that we
> have most of the code we need in ntdll already and none of it in
> wineserver.

Just trying to move things forward and understand because I'm curious:

So the way to do it would be to have ntdll load the drivers in the
process using them?

Wouldn't that cause problems if a driver expects to be able to maintain
shared information across processes?

Do we know if this is going to be a problem with the drivers we are
interested in?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
   Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                                -- Barry LePatner