[Now ns7] Dragon ns8 problem

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Tue Sep 6 13:30:10 CDT 2005

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:19:08 +0200, Jean Magnan de Bornier
<jean at bornier.net> wrote:

> | Again I think this was covered in earlier posts but I seem to recall
> wine
> | not being able to control the recording level. I set it to a suitable
> | level before starting NS IIRC and it got through to the dictation
> training
> | OK.

> This is not enough, it appears!
> Sound level is not ok for dns. I'll have to search a little more; hope
> ALSA is not a problem per se for natspeak or wine?

I just checked my entry in wine appDB and I was using 20050524 when I
installed and tested Naturally Speaking and I still that version on my
system. Another user posts it as working with "june" CVS.

I checked my ~/.wine/config and see the following:

"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most common configurations

I am running Gentoo with 2.6.11 kernel, alsa-1.0.8 with alsa-oss .

So ALSA works in as much as my wine is using alsa-oss emulation.

HTH.