[Now ns7] Dragon ns8 problem

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Wed Sep 7 10:01:35 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 08:21, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
> Le 06 septembre à 20:30:10 wino at piments.com écrit notamment:
> | I checked my ~/.wine/config and see the following:
> |
> | "Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most common configurations
>
> More news:
> I put "alsa" as drivers + have now wine 20050830 (gentoo update of today)-
> everything better and faster than yesterday.
>
> Sound level appears now ok for dns; then it wants to learn to recognise my
> voice; I have to read two phrases, and then a longer text; in this last
> exercise dns gets lost after two lines of text. All the cpu is taken by
> wine-preloader processes and this does not appears to ever stop.  There
> were (last time) 23 wine-preloader processes running!

You are aware that (as of 20050111 at least) you have to manually kill -9
leftover wine-preloaders when any wine crash happens, right? And do verify
that they in fact got killed. This is a general remark, and following it is
by itself unlikely to fix your problem, but at least it will allow you to see
that the problem got fixed if/when it gets fixed :)

Cheers, Kuba