Suggestions for improvement of the emulator

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Thu Sep 8 16:49:36 CDT 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:21:18 -0500, Evil wrote:
> No, of course not.  Now, if the gas had to be converted to a completely
> different substance before it could power the car, then it would probably
> be an emulator.

Ah, car analogies, the developers favourite tool :)

>From a dictionary:

"em·u·late: Computer Science. To imitate the function of (another
system), as by modifications to hardware or software that allow the
imitating system to accept the same data, execute the same programs, and
achieve the same results as the imitated system."

Seems like a good description of Wine to me. It imitates the Win32 API.