user: make A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH use WM_GETTEXT [try 2]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Sep 9 09:27:08 CDT 2005

Frank Richter <frank.richter at> writes:

> On 05.09.2005 18:13, Frank Richter wrote:
>> Frank Richter <frank.richter at>
>> When doing A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH, use WM_GETTEXT behind the scenes to
>> obtain an exact length. This seems to match the behaviour of recent
>> Windowses and as well fixes a couple of regressions (caused by theming
>> suddenly making the standard controls Unicode).
> Any comment on this one? I mean, getting Delphi apps to work again would
> be nice after all...

Well, I'm not sure doing a SendMessage is the right thing if you are
called from inside CallWindowProc, you may have to do a CallWindowProc
instead. I think a test case will be needed to find out what Windows

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at