user: make A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH use WM_GETTEXT [try 2]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Sep 9 10:09:45 CDT 2005

Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com> writes:

> On 09.09.2005 16:27, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Well, I'm not sure doing a SendMessage is the right thing if you are
>> called from inside CallWindowProc, you may have to do a CallWindowProc
>
> UnmapMsgAtoW() (or so) is also called when interprocess messages are
> translated back... in this case, (afaik... correct me when I'm wrong) a
> CallWindowProc() does not suffice...

Yes, that's what I mean. When unmapping the result of a SendMessage
you should do a SendMessage, when unmapping the result of a
CallWindowProc you should do a CallWindowProc (I guess, this needs to
be checked under Windows).

> Hm... not certain how I could determine with what facility(ie
> CallWndProc() vs SendMessage() vs something else?) a message (in this
> case, WM_GETTEXT) was sent to a window.

Do a CallWindowProc on a function that is not the current winproc of
the specified window and check if the message gets to the window.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org