patches

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Sun Sep 11 03:54:09 CDT 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 04:25, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
> Eric Pouech wrote:
> > SDK is available on msdn (web site I mean) with most of the information
> > we need.
>
> No, MSDN has the documentation, and only the documentation, subject to
> these TOS
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sdkintro/s
>dkintro/legal_information_sdk.asp
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/kmarch/hh/
>kmarch/DDKLegal.asp
>
> As you'll note the info for the first half page is actually the same. The
> SDK headers, like the DDK ones, are *not* on MSDN, you have to download or
> order the SDK and accept its EULA to access the headers.
>
> Ivan.

This might be a moot point. In general it isn't possible to copyright an
Interface definition under most copyright jurisdictions  (other wise merely
using the interface in your own program would be a copyright violation). So
the exact header "expression" is protected IE you can't just copy the file.
But you can redescribe the interface in a file of your own.

Bob