listview crash fix

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Sep 14 08:16:21 CDT 2005

Hi Dimi,

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 14:24, Dimi Paun wrote:
> Can you try this out and let me know if it works please?

Thanks, seems to work fine for me (no crash while browsing about 50
directories).

> To be honest, I don't like this solution at all, I'll try
> a different approach tonight, but in the meanwhile...

I had a short discussion with Alexandre on IRC yesterday. He says that the
basic problem is probably the passing around of the infoPtr to represent the
listview instead of the handle. As far as I understood, we should probably
change all functions to take a HWND instead of a LISTVIEW_INFO* parameter. We
should then try to retrieve infoPtr via GetWindowLongPtrW as soon as we need
it. And we should be aware that infoPtr might point to a free'd location
after every SendMessage.

I've attached another patch, which fixes the crash in the file dialog applying
this scheme. I've only changed as much as necessary to fix the problem,
though.

Bye,
--
Michael Jung