Is Wine SMP-safe yet?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Thu Sep 15 08:20:32 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:50:51AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> I've seen conflicting reports about whether Wine is safe
> to run on SMP systems.
I'm running it since 1.5 years on a SMP system (P4, HT enabled and smp
kernel). I don't remember to have run into SMP problems. Or better said
in the problems i tried to debug there wasn't a SMP bug.

> Have the issues described in
> been taken care of?
Don't think so. Maybe some DLLs got fixed but not due to that email.

 I just pinged the reporter of the only bug with SMP in the summary,
> to see if he can still reproduce it.

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart