Copy the generated fonts to windows/fonts

Andreas Mohr andi at
Fri Sep 16 07:30:36 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:11:04PM +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Hello,
> Changelog:
>     Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at>
>     Copy the generated fonts to windows/fonts.

> +    rm -f "$CROOT/windows/fonts/$i" && cp "$fontsdir/$i" "$CROOT/windows/fonts/$i" || echo "Warning: failed to copy $i"

Is it really a good idea to force-remove old fonts?
What if a misconfiguration means that someone is using his Windows partition
at that place?

Maybe do
mv "$CROOT/windows/fonts/$i" "$CROOT/windows/fonts/$i.old"

That would preserve the old version, yet due to static suffix would not
create another new copy each time someone runs that script (ok, it would
overwrite the original windows font at the second script run, but then I'd
consider it the user's own fault for not detecting it earlier and also placing
a Windows partition there).

Andreas Mohr