server: Try2: add case-sensitivity comparison flag to find_object & co

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Mon Sep 19 09:12:18 CDT 2005

Monday, September 19, 2005, 7:47:08 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-patch at kievinfo.com> writes:
>> I guess this one got lost. Resend it.
>> Or is there anything wrong with it?

> Well, you didn't change create_named_object, which looks
> suspicious. Also I'd really like to see some regression tests for the
> behavior of the various objects.
Ah, I see. I new I was missing something. As far as regression testing - most
of the named objects created from kernel32 and they are case insensitive. I
purposely left it case sensitive to keep it same way as it was before. I know of
at least named pipes that fail with current code, if I start mixing case - which
does work on windows.

This is a first step to making it right. The next step would be to pass obj_attr
attributes to server so it can check for OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE.

I will run all tests to check if it broke anything. And also add the
case_sensitive flag to create_named_object as well.

Vitaliy