user: make A->W WM_GETTEXTLENGTH use WM_GETTEXT [try 2]

Frank Richter frank.richter at
Mon Sep 19 14:44:15 CDT 2005

On 09.09.2005 17:09, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Frank Richter <frank.richter at> writes:
>> On 09.09.2005 16:27, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>>> Well, I'm not sure doing a SendMessage is the right thing if you are
>>> called from inside CallWindowProc, you may have to do a CallWindowProc
>> UnmapMsgAtoW() (or so) is also called when interprocess messages are
>> translated back... in this case, (afaik... correct me when I'm wrong) a
>> CallWindowProc() does not suffice...
> Yes, that's what I mean. When unmapping the result of a SendMessage
> you should do a SendMessage, when unmapping the result of a
> CallWindowProc you should do a CallWindowProc (I guess, this needs to
> be checked under Windows).

Interestingly, when CallWindowProcA() is used on an W window, no
WM_GETTEXT is sent. (Whether the window proc belongs to the window does
not seem to matter.) Though, in that case, the result is not doubled either.