question about the status of the wine printing system

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Sep 20 03:00:09 CDT 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Dan Kegel wrote:

> In,
> Francois Gouget wrote:
>> If you're trying to print stuff from Acrobat Reader (now called Adobe
>> Reader), then that's known not to work.
> What are the problems?

I don't know much about printing, but as I was explained it, the problem
is that Acrobat Reader uses a special EMF escape to directly send
Postscript or something like it to the printer and that does not work
right in Wine. As far as I know Acrobat Reader is the only application
with this problem.

> How much work is left before printing in Wine is
> more or less working with most major applications
> (like, say, Photoshop and Acrobat Reader)?

I would say it is already working with most major applications. I think
it works with Photoshop and it certainly works with all of the Office

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                      f u kn rd ts, ur wy 2 gky 4 ur wn gd.