Documentation volunteer(s) needed

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:21:15 CDT 2005

On 9/20/05, Kuba Ober <kuba at mareimbrium.org> wrote:
> Wouldn't such a book be mostly obsolete within a year of publication? That's
> almost like with those linux kernel development books: in 2 years timeframe
> they are mostly paperweights, unless you're interested only in 'big ideas'
> rather than details.

Well, that's one of the things I wrestle with.  Some of the stuff is
just cool ideas that won't get outdated any time soon.  Some of it
will get outdated... and then the publisher can pay me for the second
addition.

Holly - I should also mention that you'll want to make sure you have
well-formed SGML when you write the docs, i.e. all opening tags must
have a closing tag.  I find xmllint and tidy are very helpful for
that.  tidy has easier output to understand, xmllint seems to be
pretty standard on distros these days.

-Brian