ntdll: Add few tests for object manager

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Sep 22 09:59:44 CDT 2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005, 3:54:06 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Vitaliy Margolen <wine-patch at kievinfo.com> writes:
>> All of them are to-do. Thanks to Robert Shearman for examples. ;-)
>> Can't really test nothing more since most of the om functions are stubs.
> Come on, you can test a lot more than that. Even if you only test
> create and open functions, if you test the various case combinations,
> with or without the CASE_INSENSITIVE flag, for mutexes, events,
> semaphores, pipes, mappings, files, etc. you should be able to easily
> come up with a few hundred tests.
Well, yes you are right but these tests just enough to test case-sensitivity
problem. All the rest of the objects well have the same problems as well.

Things like pipes & files are a whole different story. They have their own
name space that is different from the object manager name space. ATM wine
doesn't have that, so it will be pointless testing something that does not
exists at all. Like \\??\\PIPE is a symlink to \\Device\\NamedPipe which is a
device. I don't know how windows behaves when using case-sensitive op and the
name of the named pipe differs, but the path is correct. Likewise
NtFsControlFile function does not take whole OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES nor
FSCTL_PIPE_WAIT associated structure. So how does windows specify
case-sensitivity?

Like everything else new in wine this is just a starting point and can be
extended as we go.

I will probably have more tests as soon as I get name space re-implemented using
directory object. There are number of interesting things to test ;-)

Vitaliy