Newbie Wine question... Borland C++ Builder and Firebird via FIBplus

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Sep 22 11:46:53 CDT 2005

Thursday, September 22, 2005, 10:12:52 AM, Esko Woudenberg wrote:
> I keep getting "segmentation fault" when running the
> app.  I found info on WINEDEBUG and am currently
> running it set to +relay   This results in 300+
> Megabyte debug file.  (Ran system out of memory trying
you can add this to your user.reg file to limit size of it
(It's two lines, split for readability):

[Software\\Wine\\Debug] 1125240062
"Relayexclude"="RtlEnterCriticalSection;RtlLeaveCriticalSection;
_EnterSysLevel;_LeaveSysLevel;_CheckNotSysLevel;NtCurrentTeb;
LdrAccessResource;RtlUpperChar;kernel32.97;kernel32.98;TlsGetValue"

> err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow ### bytes in
> thread #### eip ###### esp ###### stack 0x##### -
> 0x####
Ok, here it looks like it either really runs out of stack or just
trying to access the last page of the stack. Wine has a problem in those
areas. It doesn't grow stack and throws that exception when app tries to
access last page of the stack, that works under windows.

> I am planning on using the HKLM\Software\Wine\Wine
> existence to let the app know it is running on wine...
Bad idea. You need to find out what is wrong with Wine and fix it.
Or find the problem and let us fix it.

> The app itself also has a "debug mode" that logs
> events to a file while running - is there a way to
> send these messages to the same log as WINEDEBUG?
Yes, just write to stderr.

Vitaliy