Make DrawMenuBar and SetMenu tests pass under Wine

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at
Sat Sep 24 10:42:54 CDT 2005

Saturday, September 24, 2005, 9:10:03 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> It's a bit awkward to run message tests with current CVS, DDE test
> fails and doesn't allow the tests to continue, so I had to run it
> manually. I haven't investigated the source of the failure, but symptoms
> are that IsWindowUnicode now returns TRUE when it shouldn't, and that
> reminds me old reports that uxtheme makes windows appear unicode
> when they are not. Time to go to and find the time of
> the breakage.
Just look for theming patches from around 1 - 1.5 months ago. Each themed
control has that problem. I don't understand that too, but author claims that
this the way it is on winXP with comctl32 6.0.

Vitaliy Margolen