[Now ns7] Dragon ns8 problem

peter at piments.com peter at piments.com
Mon Sep 26 03:54:24 CDT 2005

Thanks for comparing notes,

I seem to be having more trouble with wine than anything else at the
moment.

I cant get fonts to be a readable size so I cant even run winecfg.

Too much swapping versions and something has got screwed up . I've
uninstalled wine completely and renamed ~/.wine but even sidenet now fails
to download IE6.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:32:44 +0200, Jean Magnan de Bornier
<jean at bornier.net> wrote:

> When starting ns the first time, it complains about rpcrt4.dll missing,
> got it from the dll archive on the web, then starts fine.
> But I have a difficulty when setting the sound level: when it is done, a
> bell starts ringing and nothing seems to be able to stop it.
> here's the log:

beware of NS saying things are missing. As Andreas noted yesterday NS is
doing direct file detection so it may be that the buildin dll would do the
job if it actually tried to load it !!

You will note for the DCOM and installl notes one of the dlls marked as
native was this one , so it must be available somewhere.

You could use WINEDEBUG=+file  and grep the output to see just where it is
looking for the file. Then use touch to create a null file that will fool
the file check.

As for your bell, it should chime once. NO idea why it does not stop.

I'll try your wine version and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks.

--
Using Opera e-mail on Gentoo Linux