[bug824] update

Randy Galbraith randy.galbraith at cox.net
Mon Sep 26 19:54:13 CDT 2005

Dan Kegel wrote:

>Vijay wrote:
>

>>Any comments on why this patch has not been commited
>>http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2004-October/013221.html
>>

>Probably because it does not include a conformance test.
>If you like, you could help by turning
>http://members.cox.net/~rgalbraith10/wine/bug824/demo824.c
>into an unattended conformance test by following
>the example in
>http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/testing-test
>
>- Dan

My approach to fixing bug 824 was considered sub-optimal by Alexandre.
I also agree and had intended to get back to this with a better
solution.  Alexandre wants to maintain to the extent possible textual
representation of registry data.  I now believe the right approach is to
simply always explicitly record ascii zeros as '\0' and consistently not
consider the end-of-string null terminator as part of the registry
data.  Alas, I've had no time to test out this approach.

Regards,
-Randy Galbraith