headless question, and IPC question

Ken Larson x1 at larsontechnologies.com
Thu Sep 29 15:46:22 CDT 2005

Alex -

Thanks for the good info.  As far as not needing an X server, when I try
to run my exe under wine without one, I get:

wine: Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

but yes, the regedit /? trick works fine.

I wonder if there is something obvious I'm missing in the compilation
and linking of my EXE?  Where might I look to make sure it doesn't think
it needs a display.

My exe and the wrapped DLL do use sockets and I know that sockets in
windows often need a window handle to do their thing...

My DLL is a true DLL as far as I know, I currently link to it using the
accompanying .lib, but I think I could link dynamically to it.

Ken