Problem Resolve

Rob D rddone at att.net
Thu Sep 29 22:23:29 CDT 2005

At 09:40 AM 9/29/2005, Brian Vincent wrote:
>On 9/29/05, Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That said, it seems a bit rude that the 20050830 CVS drop is *still*
> > on the front page of http://www.winehq.com/, even after everyone knows
> > that it's missing a patch to compile cleanly.

<snip>

  Are you referring to a multiple defined struct option in winedump?
I spent quite a while trying to compile this drop on Solaris 9 this morning.
The multiple defined struct was easy to find/fix, but assembler having BIG
troubles.
Pretty sure it is using gas, since I renamed as and made a symlink to gas.

</snip>

>3.  Binary packages are highly recommended unless you prefer to muck
>around occasionally with source code.  That probably doesn't apply to
>you since you're reading wine-devel, but for 99% of the people in the
>world they should use the binaries.  In theory we'll catch things at
>that point.
>
>-Brian

If I could find a Solaris 9 binary of ANY wine version in the last year or
so, I would be VERY happy!!!
Google found a couple links to Solaris 9 binaries a couple years old or so,
but the link didnt even work.

Rob D