freedce-win32 - progress!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 30 05:11:45 CDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:41:17AM +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> >i am making the "amateur" version of progress: i just had
> >echo_server.exe run for the first time on win32: echo_client.exe
> >has been running successfully since this morning.
> >

> That's really great!

 yeh :)

 winsock is a pain in the nuts, i can't ctrl-c echo_server.exe because
 all signals are blocked (in the demo code, there's some #ifdef AIX
 stuff i just copied that), tcp/ip is going ape, rpcd.exe the endpoint
 mapper has no file locking, but it's progress.

 i've made a decision _not_ to focus on fixing the tcp/ip stuff -
 ncacn_ip_tcp - and instead to jump straight in to creating a ncacn_np
 and then a ncalrpc transport.

 i figured that my expertise is _not_ in fixing friggin winsock: if by
 the time i've done ncacn_np nobody's picked this up then i'll come back
 to it.

 ncacn_np is more important for reactos than ncacn_ip_tcp.

 l.