You don't have administrator privileges on this computer ... (whats changed in 0.9.11?)

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Apr 2 05:41:50 CDT 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:40:03AM +0200, Roland Kaser wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just tried to make my usual test installations on the new 0.9.11 release.
> But at this time the setup responses (in german) Sie haben keine
> Verwaltungsprivilegien auf diesem Computer. Setup kann nicht fortgesetzt
> werden. (You don't have administrator privileges on this computer. Setup
> cannot be continued..).
>
> Can somebody tell me whats happend to the username mapping in 0.9.11 what
> can I do to avoid those messages?
There's a 99.9994% chance that this error message has NOTHING WHATSOEVER
to do with the real problem here. ;)

You could try
WINEDEBUG=+relay,+file to find out more. Probably just a matter of the program
seeing some file access failure and deciding that it should report this as
an administrator problem of some sorts.
Could even be related to the new DLL file placeholders that Wine introduced
recently.

Good luck,

Andreas Mohr

--
No programming skills!? Why not help translate many Linux applications!
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta