Implement THREAD_PRIORITY_TIME_CRITICAL

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Tue Apr 4 13:18:35 CDT 2006

Con Kolivas wrote:

> Ok. This is not a shot in the dark by the way because you mentioned pipes and
> I had a quick look at the wine sound code. I committed some changes to the
> cpu scheduler in 2.6.17-rc1 that change the way it views sleeping on pipes...

Works _much_ better with 2.6.17-rc1(-g6246b612). Though I still
sometimes hear 'spikes' or 'bursts' (short pulse, high frequency), don't
know what produces them but it really hurts my ears, they usually appear
when the CPU is under heavy load (when WoW loads world data from the
harddrive or when I switch from/to the workspace where WoW runs, but
here I suspect wine's window handling code to block somewhere for too
long), but now much less now, in fact, it appeared only once/twice in 10
minutes playing which is really great.

You are my god, thanks for fixing this!

tom