Problem cloning wine repository with git...

Scott Bambrough sbambrough at storm.ca
Tue Apr 4 15:54:46 CDT 2006

I'm having trouble cloning the wine repository.  I attempt to clone it and never get any files.  All I ever see is:

$ git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git
defaulting to local storage area

I've followed the instructions found here:

     http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine

I've tried the following commands in an attempt to clone the wine repository:

git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git
git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine-git

I'm using git version 1.0.4.

I've also tried the latest version of the getwinegit.sh shell script with the same results.

I've managed to use git to clone the kernel and git source trees, so git is working on my system.  I started the clone
of the wine source and let it run over lunch for an hour with no files.

If anyone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong, or how to debug the problem I'd appreciate the help.  I'm a git newbie.

Cheers,

Scott