XVidMode is required for Gamma Control

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue Apr 4 16:44:40 CDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 09:17:24PM +0200, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> Of course we might want to fix the mouse code sometimes to make the mouse stay
> insinde the virtual desktop or the window with XVidMode at all times if
> that's possible at all.

I tried once to do a 'DXGrab' for the virtual desktop but was constrained by
the fact that only the connection doing the mouse grab would get any
subsequent events.

And as in Wine you can have multiple processes sharing the same window, only
the one doing the grab would get events and all other processes won't get
any mouse / keyboard inputs.

Now with the new explorer and all that, maybe one could imagine it
forwarding the events to other applications via the server, but well, this
is a part of Wine I do not master at all :-)

        Lionel

PS: 'non-exclusive grab' was one of my 'X11' extension I planned to work one
    day :-)

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/