XVidMode is required for Gamma Control

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:05:41 CDT 2006

Jesse Allen wrote:
> Just set UseXVidMode = Y in HKCU\Software\Wine\X11 Driver and test the game.

Ah, crap, someone's broken it completely.
Can't exactly blame UseXVidMode though.
It's something that happened after upgrading to 0.9.10.

It doesn't switch to fullscreen anymore.
Mouse grabbing is now broken both with and without UseXVidMode.
*Sigh*.

Matt Finnicum wrote:
> Starcraft's been working very well for me for much longer than that.

If you don't pull source via GIT/CVS/SVN, compile/install and nuke
your ~/.wine on a regular basis, you don't count :-).