DirectX 7

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at
Sun Apr 9 03:03:44 CDT 2006

Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 03:45 schrieb Dimi Paun:
> I am not up-to-date with the latest DirectX news, can someone
> please tell me if we have any support for DirectX 7?
DirectX 7 is supported since quite a long time. I'm currently re-writing ddraw
and d3d7 support.

> I have a screensaver (Marine Aquarium) that I would like to run,
> but it requires DirectX 7.
> Is there any trick to get it to run?
Most likly it uses some strange way to determine if directx is supported, like
checking for the existance of a .dll file. A +file trace might reveal
something. Perhaps it checks for a fixed directx version string, and fails
because we have the dx9 string, but it expects dx7. Unlikely, but I've once
seen an app that failed for this reason in Windows