Missing fonts

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 10 09:14:54 CDT 2006

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Eric Pouech" <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Does 'make test' in dlls/gdi pass as well?
>>>
>> The test fails if you have some other fonts installed.
>

> I think that's expected, running tests with native libraries (and the fonts
> are the libraries) is not guaranteed to pass due to font substitution.

the main question remains:
- should the wine's default fonts override any other fonts ?

the default for DLLs is: use builtin DLLs
the default for fonts is: use installed (native) fonts

I fail to see the logic here. If Wine ships its own fonts, then the
default should be to use them. Period.

A+

--
Eric Pouech