README: Updated to not point users at wineinstall and to mention fontforge

Ryan May rmay at ROSSBY.METR.ou.edu
Thu Apr 13 10:49:59 CDT 2006

Molle Bestefich wrote:
>>> echo "=media-gfx/fontforge-20060406" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
>> echo "media-gfx/fontforge ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
>
> Latter version is definitely preferable, as otherwise FontForge will
> never again be upgraded (right?).

Actually the former is incorrect b/c a keyword isn't specified for the
package.  You'd need:

echo "=media-gfx/fontforge-20060406 ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

(and ~x86 should be ~amd64 for those running 64-bit)

That would have the effect of only allowing that particular _unstable_
version of fontforge to be installed.  Once a newer version was marked
stable, that version would be superseded.  However, the latter one will
continually install the most recent unstable version of fontforge.  To
me, the former seems better if I'm trying to keep an overall stable system.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant