DllOverrides

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 14 09:50:54 CDT 2006

Rich Gilson wrote:
> I'm looking at what is done in Winetools (no, this is not another WineTools
> discussion ;-) ) as far as the DllOverrides and it has generated a few
> questions.  Here are a couple of lines from the wt-config.reg file:
>
> "*"="native, builtin"
> "*autorun.exe"="native,builtin"
> "msi"="native, builtin"
> "odbc32"="native, builtin"
>
> Can somebody explain the lines with an *?  Does the "*" mean that if the
> driver, dll, exe in question is not listed in the DllOverrides section, that
> it defaults to using the native version of the file and, if not available,
> then tries to find and run a builtin version?

"*" no longer does anything, and should be removed from registries.
It's original intent was to force using native dlls over builtin dlls
whenever found.  It encouraged people to copy all the dlls from a
windows install into their .wine, and was therefore removed.

I will have to assume that "*autorun.exe"="native, builtin" was blindly
copied from CrossOver, as there's no autorun.exe in Wine.

Mike