Wine Front-End development

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Sat Apr 15 10:56:10 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 00:46 +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Karl Lattimer wrote:
>
> > requirements around this wouldn't be a great issue. With the current
> > complexity of linux desktops I believe that restricting the language and
> > dependencies is silly and uncalled for. Maybe Alexandre's views may have
> > changed this far on?
>
> I doubt that Alexandre's views have changed.  Adding dependencies is
> bad, as you can see with the FontForge mess.

Yeah I spotted that, but I think thats a different thing entirely. Point
taken but still I believe this is different, wine doors is a stand alone
application, when I come to packaging the first RPMS i will depend on
wine pygtk and pygtk-glade and nothing else, to me that doesn't seem
unreasonable, I use fedora which heavily depends on pygtk anyway and I
think pygtk-glade is useful and should be used where possible for small
gtk apps.

K,