abort if WINEDEBUG requests functionality that was disabled at configure time

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Apr 16 08:10:28 CDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 01:55:11PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> So, I'll say it again - can somebody prove that Wine is faster without
> the tracing? I doubt it. And if there is a region where the debug
> channel test slows things down we can always add manual branch
> prediction hints or just take the trace out of that codepath.

So if I take your reasonning further, why even keep the '--disable-debug' /
'--disable-trace' options in the configure script ?

For me, as long as the user can disable these traces and that he may get
'trace-disabled' builds from stupid sources, the patch can be useful to
prevent loosing too much time helping users...

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/