AutoCAD in Linux

Andreas Mohr andi at
Sun Apr 16 14:27:39 CDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 04:41:52AM -0300, Richardson wrote:
> Hello!
> My name is Richardson and I am from Brazil and I am needing to know how I can
> install the AutoCAD r14 and AutoCAD 2000 in a machine turning Fedora 3. he/she
> would Like to know which the versions of Wine and the links to lower, and also
> as I will proceed with the installation of CAD's.
>  I await answers soon.

There are several almost fully identically cloned CAD programs for Linux
available (full AutoCAD interface with even slightly improved capabilities,
so they're actually *better*), doing an internet search should help here
(AFAIR BricsCAD was one of the major alternatives).

Missing AutoCAD Linux support has been a **MAJOR** PITA for many years
(piles and piles of requests), so it's very nice to finally see this resolved
the right way (read: by direct competitors to AutoCAD who actually care
about their customers).

Andreas Mohr

Please consider not buying any HDTV hardware! (extremely anti-consumer)
Bitte kaufen Sie besser keinerlei HDTV-Ger�te! (extrem verbraucherfeindlich)