dosdevices

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Tue Apr 18 07:38:11 CDT 2006

All,
I am having some considerable problems dealing with a simple issue.
In .wine/dosdevices, devices are listed followed by a colon like in dos. This
makes perfect sense except that the colon is often used in UNIX to separate
elements of a path description and has special meaning tto some programs.
Under solaris this causes problems with the runtime loader which can't dlopen
a filename containing a colon, and seems to be problematic for stat as well.

What is wrong with listing them without the colon so we don't risk these OS
incompatibilities or perhaps adapt the code to accept the links with or
without an appended colon.

Comments anyone ?