SOC project

Kai Blin blin at gmx.net
Wed Apr 19 04:16:27 CDT 2006

* Louis Lenders <xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk> [19/04/06, 08:35:41]:

> When you hang around just a while on wine's IRC channel you'll see that(i'd
> guess) more than 50% of the user's questions is about how to get their games
> running. I think it would be cool if there would be some proposals for SOC
> project to get better DirectX(/wined3d) support. From the wine-users point of
> view i think that's what they want :)

So you're basically suggesting to just cover the "sexy" topics?

> I'm sure some of the developers that currently work on wined3d
> can think of proposals that students could work on. At least , wouldn't be
> fixing bug 2398 be an idea for SOC?

While sticking to bug fixing will help the project to, well, get bugs
fixed, I think that summer of code could be used to have some people
work on some more experimental (and fun) projects. Now, don't get me
wrong, fixing bugs is an important part of software development, but
it's something you'll regularly do in software development.

Just my thoughts on that, of course.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, (blin at gmx dot net)
<Mercury> You don't have to be crazy to be a member of the project, but