search for /dev/input/js as well as /dev/js

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Wed Apr 19 12:18:25 CDT 2006

Mike McCormack <mike at> writes:

> Maybe when you guys come up with another new standard next year, every
> project that uses a joystick be broken if it doesn't search /dev/js,
> /dev/input/js and /dev/input/joysticks/0?

You don't seem to fully appreciate the beauty of Linux. Of course
these things have to change all the time!  I mean, how boring would it
be if code we wrote 6 months ago was still working today?

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go implement a check for the new
vmsplit breakage...

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at