SOC project

Willie Sippel willie at
Wed Apr 19 17:15:09 CDT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 22:51 schrieb Lionel Ulmer:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:07:43PM +0200, Raphael wrote:
> > new Dx9 APIs:
> >   IDirect3DSurface9::GetDC
> >   IDirect3DSurface9::ReleaseDC
> Yeah I suppose that they exist... But as it's a stub for now, I suppose
> that not many application require it :-)
> > Anyway fixing the DIB engine will improve a lot professional applications
> > as photoshop, ...
> Sure it does. I just wanted to point out the fact the the DIB engine is not
> the silver bullet that will make all games work faster (as many people seem
> to believe).
Sorry, didn't know that there aren't many games that would benefit. Still, a
DIB engine would be great, it would fix quite visual glitches in certain
applications. I also tested a few applications recently (audio apps, no
games) that were unusable slow with X at almost 100% CPU load on every
interface redraw - I guess that's an issue the DIB engine would fix...?

Willie Sippel

  ////////  |  Tritium Studios

<willie at>