search for /dev/input/js as well as /dev/js

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 19 12:18:43 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 11:44, Mike McCormack wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > other major source projects like libsdl had no qualms
> > supporting /dev/input/js as well as /dev/js
>
> Maybe when you guys come up with another new standard next year,

dont really know who you're talking about when you say "you guys" ... sounds
like you're trying to say this situation is my fault when really i nor Gentoo
has had anything to do with /dev naming schemas

> project that uses a joystick be broken if it doesn't search /dev/js,
> /dev/input/js and /dev/input/joysticks/0?

well if the code is at least re-factored as suggested in my patch by moving
all the logic to a single function, it'd be trivial to say define an array of
joystick paths and just walk the array
-mike