SOC: D3D Test Suite

Sagar Mittal sagar.mittal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:51:51 CDT 2006

It doesn't look like there are many unit tests for D3D in general, but
D3D8 and WineD3D don't seem to have any.  The ones that D3D9 has also
don't test the generated graphics for conformance.

Would it be a viable/appropriate SOC project to put together a test
suite for D3D, including graphical conformance tests?  I should
probably note that I have no experience using DirectX and minimal
experience using OpenGL.  Still, a whole summer should be enough time
to put together a reasonably comprehensive test suite (perhaps
excluding shaders).

Thanks,
Sagar Mittal