SOC: D3D Test Suite

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Thu Apr 20 10:14:19 CDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 02:28 -0400, H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 19/04/06, Sagar Mittal <sagar.mittal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The ones that D3D9 has also
> > don't test the generated graphics for conformance.
> That's because OpenGL implementations aren't guaranteed to produce
> identical outputs when given identical inputs.

If they don't haven't we just found a driver bug? Assuming you're
testing on cards with the same capabilities (you would have to record
what extensions should correspond to what results) I don't see why the
output shouldn't be the same. As long as you keep the tests simple so
that they don't try to do anything like dynamically adjusting detail
based on load, and you do the tests with either the same
aliasing/filtering or none, I would think results would have to be the
same across cards in order for them to be considered OpenGL compliant.