SoC idea: finish wcmd

Brandon Turner turnerb7 at msu.edu
Fri Apr 21 09:58:25 CDT 2006

Dan Kegel wrote:

>wcmd isn't thought of as sexy, but it's important;
>for instance, some installers use it under the hood.
>Things like
>  if "%1" == "%2"
>and the /wait commandline flag are not yet implemented.
>It wouldn't be all that hard to get wcmd far enough along
>to make those installers happy; I think it'd make a good SoC project.
>- Dan
>
>--
>Wine for Windows ISVs: http://kegel.com/wine/isv

Hello,

Not to take anything away from someone that wants to do a SoC project.
But I'm a ROS dev and I know you guys arent taking patches from us right
now but that aside, one of my shorter term goals is to try and sync
wcmd(if it is what i think it is, i dont use linux / wine often so maybe
im misintercepting it) with the ROS cmd.  So just keep that in mind.  I
would also be more then willing to mentor someone for this project,
assuming I am not disqualified based solely on the fact I am a ROS dev.

Brandon

P.S. sorry dan for not replying to the list the first time.