dosdevices

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Fri Apr 21 15:05:04 CDT 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 03:35, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Robert Lunnon <bobl at optushome.com.au> writes:
> > This is the approach I took before but for some reason you didn't accept
> > the patch in process.c related to starting unix lib type applications.
> > The work-around was  to change to the lib directory locate the pwd chdir
> > back, then start the lib using the actual path.rather than the link.
> > There may be another way to find the target directory of a link more
> > elegantly but I don't know it. Anyway, I maintained this delta but it has
> > now expired with the changes in process.c and need to be rewritten
> > anyway.
>
> realpath() should be a lot easier. And you really want to do that in
> wine_dlopen, process.c is not the only place that can load files from
> a DOS drive.

Assuming this works, you say that other places load files cia a dos drive (and
I see a mkdir across this link too) is there a key place to put the resolving
code to catch these accesses too ?

(This is why I wanted to change the link name - all the unknown places where
this link might need to be resolved)