git & sharing patches (was: SoC idea: improve dsound/winmm)

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 10:11:53 CDT 2006

Mike Hearn wrote:
> Do the artifacts change or disappear if you use my thread priority patch?

I'd like to try out your patch with a couple of apps where sound is shoddy.
What's the correct GIT way to apply your patch (and still be able to
pull changes from the Wine tree)?

Apologies if it's a stupid question, but git --help seems to give a
plethora of commands and I've absolutely no idea which are meant for
common use and which are completely useless or will corrupt my local
tree...